A truly well organized event
Hey, just went back from ntv7 FGR and I successfully finished the race. Non-stop running. The most important part, i enjoyed my running! Summary of the event:
- Wake-up early in the morning. Get ready. My stomach didn't help much, went few times to the toilet.
- Around 6.15am together with wife, heading to Sri Pentas via DUKE highway. To find car park, she just dropped me in front of Sri Pentas. Totally stranger to the place I just follow those wearing white shirt
- Thanks to portable toilet, I'm all up for the run by 7.20am :)
- About 5,500 runners particapated. Most of them Chinese. Glad that I'm not intimidated by looking at the runners, just keep my cool and calm (event though i don't strech up properly; too many people no space!)
See how ramai it is
- 7km runners was released at 7.30am and i think i started well. Then start to follow others pace (which is WRONG!)..Halfway of the race at water station they gave Gatorade (mesti la nak try!). I know contestant in the Biggest Loser Asia
forced todrink it but again it was WRONG to drink this water while running (to me at least) . With only 2km to finish I feel like gastric attacks me! Luckily I managed to finish the run ahead of planning time :)
The route. Super satisfied with the running time!
- It was totally new route to me, just keep running. I don't listen to iPod this time. What I thought during the run??
- Early in the run at the housing area: the dogs keep barking *if someone intentionally lets the dog out and chasing us* kan best? hehe..
- Steady, steady...find your inner peace a la Po the Kungfu Panda
- Don't be so fast la.. you are not going for the world record
- Oit don't ever think to walk!
- It is not that far anymore.. Common make your foot massage worth the pay!
Proud finisher with the medal! Wohooo
#Rain did the trick plus everyone busy queueing for the freebies
- It was raining, so we can't really check out the carnival after that. Heard was awesome too. Went straight to home and had a nice nasi lemak for breakfast
- It was a good day indeed. Thai food for lunch.
Others caption I would like to share:
Naz carried his child all the way in 3km route. Cool right
Source: ntv7 twitter
Look what Izham Omar wrote! [Get out of my way] On his left MZul, MHI presenter.
Source: MZul twitter (follow him!)
Proud to be part of the good cause :)
Conclusion: Must do it again next year (wife has to join lah!)