Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Loftus Road: QPR vs MAN UTD

Nak percaya ke taknak, the fact is I was really at the Stadium watching QPR vs Manchester United from directors box!

First I was welcomed to the executive lounge (I don't really know what they called it but channel on tv is all about football), up there Tony Fernandes personally greeted me. WOW. We had picture, he then tweeted it. WOW lagi. Offered a drink, I asked for wifi password and went for a toilet. It's only 11am+ by that time. Oh wait, did I tell you Sir Bobby Charlton was also there?! Siap salam tangan lagi neh! Coolness eh? David Gill pun ada with his children. We had brunch then straight heading to the game.

At the C-Club, the most exclusive hospitality within QPR

View from the stadium is the best ever lah! Tony actually give his designated seat to me. Lost count on my WOWness already. Within two minutes to the game, Rooney scored! The fact he is my captain in Fantasy League this week really fired me up! I got it right once again. Hee.. Try to cover the excitement as much as I can but yeah Tony knows I'm United fan anyway. Between Tony and I was Mike Jones (also a MUFC fan). Another cool guy; Vice President of GE Aviation, based in Singapore. In front of me was Philip Beard, a QPR CEO. So passionate I can tell you. So does the fans. Malaysia football needs to emulate this.

By the time Carrick scores (after many years?), United slow downed the game; yes SAF already looking for the next match. Welbeck, Rooney and Nani out for Chicharito, Giggs and Ashley Young respectively. And yes Manchester United won 2-0. Happy

 After the game. He is OK with the result (come January, Warnock lost his job)

Back to executive lounge, post match refreshment. Bit conversation with Tony (he told he will be in Labuan somewhere in January). I thanked him and went downstairs and met few more AirAsia/ Tunes top guns. And everyone was like "Oh, this is the twitter guy!" Awesome :)

Later I met Rozie, she wanted to pass up the theater tickets (Rooney Shrek the Musical). Chit chat, gossip here and there, I'm back at Victoria station then to the Gatwick airport.

Balik. And I write all of these while flying. Sangat unbelievable the whole experience.

Gatwick 18 Dec 2011 ETD 2250 hrs

No comments: